Friday, October 23, 2015

I'm Still Alive

You guys.  I have received so many comments and emails wondering where in the heck I am, and every one of them puts a smile on my face.  Even my aunt asked my mom if something's wrong, because I haven't been posting.  I'm getting emails from people I don't recognize from commenting even.  The crazy world of blogging.  You forget there are silent readers out there.  And they actually notice when you've disappeared.


I have no major excuses for the absence.  I did gut the girls' shared room on a whim one morning, painted the walls white, then put it all back together, rearranged, of course.  So that took a day or two.  There's been a lot going on at school this year that has my brain sidetracked.  Our kids are doing great, but there's a high volume of kids who aren't.  Big distraction for the "good" kids, and lots of things to consider.  The Girl's 8th birthday is tomorrow, so I've been doing some things for that.  The Dad has been in Chicago for work since Tuesday, so I've been on my own, with no school because of conferences, all week.  I've been obsessively looking at house listings for probably a year now, so I've been internally struggling with the pros and cons of that.  The Dad is happy where we are, and in a lot of ways, I am too, so that's a struggle, also.  Just life stuff.  Mostly in my head.  Oh yeah, and we have a puppy.  A serious friggin' time suck if there ever was one.  I've washed all my bedding, down to the mattress pad, three times in the last 24 hours.  Kill me now.  Potty training a toddler is 7000 times easier and less stressful.



I have my notepad, full of chicken scratch, ready for a Random Thoughts and Tidbits post.  After tomorrow, I'll have lots of birthday party photos.  I suppose I could take pictures of the girls' redone room.  Although, in this new Pinterest/IG/Blog world, I'm not sure it's worthy.
It's clean, though, so I'm happy.




Oh, another reason I haven't sat down at the computer is, my computer friggin' sucks.  And has.  For like four years.  We need a new one desperately.  But, ya know, time and money.



A friend shared these Naked Lady Lily bulbs with me early this summer, and when I stuck them in the dirt, down in the parking strip, I figured I wouldn't see hide nor hair of them until next spring.  Well, they had other plans.  The photos are from August.


The Dad is expected home tonight.
As I type, he's on an airplane, heading this way.
Yay!
He's taking The Girl roller skating in the morning, with her brother and two of her school friends, then they'll come back to the house for a family party, old school-style.
Sunday, I'm dragging him to look at a house that's too far of a drive for his job, and more than we can afford.
But it's The Dream in photos and I have to see it for my sanity.
Thank you for checking in when I'm checked out.
I'll be back sooner than later.....



11 comments:

  1. You gotta let us know how the house stuff goes....I so get that. When it comes to your kids you have to weigh it all out for sure and feel like you are in the right spot. Keep us posted and I love those blooms up there! PS you should've hopped on that plane with him to Chicago! I would have met you for a drink! Happy night! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy, I'm glad Lonnie is coming home. It's hard having the sole responsibility of three young ones all week. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and are able to take some time for yourself. The Naked Ladies are lovely. I need to get me some. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life takes over sometimes, doesn't it? Feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, myself - I've even been working on my days off. Hopefully this will end soon - my to do list is growing - not shrinking. Hope you get some time to relax after Lonnie returns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a date night is in order! Glad you are getting through-sometimes that's the best we can do. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you HAVE been a busy girl-gardening,. girls' room, school issues, hubby out of town. Sometimes real life just gets in the way of blogging, doesn't it? Hope your next week smooths out. Have a great day- and happy birthday to your 8 year old! xo Diana

    ps- IF you have time-pop by my blog and sign up for the giveaway from my son's latest venture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I straight up have puppy envy still. If I had to put my blog on hold because I had a new pup keeping me busy, I wouldn't complain. I'm sure it is a lot of work though. You guys have a great house and it is okay to stay if you are happy there. Hang in there. ~ Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can so relate to the house thing! I too was searching the internet for houses for sale. All the time, non-stop. I was driving myself and my husband crazy......with just the nonstop talking of the reasons we should move and then the reasons why we shouldn't. One month, I would be determined the plan was to move and then the next, I was ok with staying in our home. All the thinking, searching, looking, obsessing was just getting too overwhelming and making me crazy. So I stopped. I put it on hold and figured when the time is right it will happen.....or maybe it won't. It will all work out and I have to find happiness with the here and now, the home we live in now. Bigger houses, bigger mortgages bring on different problems. Yea maybe we won't need to remodel every room in our house....like we do now, or maybe we won't have a mile long list of home projects, like we do now.... but I am sure there will be different problems to battle in the big expensive house of my dreams 😃. Oh no, what's the issues at school? Ever since my kids started back to school, I have been constantly busy with the school. Don't think I will be vice-president of the PTO next year. Way to time consuming. Kinda of feels like it has taken over my life. Well hope you have a great weekend and I would LOVE to see pictures of your girls room. I have been thinking about doing the same thing in my daughter's room so I would love to get some decorating ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can so relate to the house thing! I too was searching the internet for houses for sale. All the time, non-stop. I was driving myself and my husband crazy......with just the nonstop talking of the reasons we should move and then the reasons why we shouldn't. One month, I would be determined the plan was to move and then the next, I was ok with staying in our home. All the thinking, searching, looking, obsessing was just getting too overwhelming and making me crazy. So I stopped. I put it on hold and figured when the time is right it will happen.....or maybe it won't. It will all work out and I have to find happiness with the here and now, the home we live in now. Bigger houses, bigger mortgages bring on different problems. Yea maybe we won't need to remodel every room in our house....like we do now, or maybe we won't have a mile long list of home projects, like we do now.... but I am sure there will be different problems to battle in the big expensive house of my dreams 😃. Oh no, what's the issues at school? Ever since my kids started back to school, I have been constantly busy with the school. Don't think I will be vice-president of the PTO next year. Way to time consuming. Kinda of feels like it has taken over my life. Well hope you have a great weekend and I would LOVE to see pictures of your girls room. I have been thinking about doing the same thing in my daughter's room so I would love to get some decorating ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there - though I know Worriers HAVE to worry...as I am one too. Weren't the Naked Ladies a nice surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes a break is a good thing, getting caught up at home can be inspiring. Beautiful floral, I love Lilies.

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duke University
    Duke University Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina,

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover