Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Astrantia 'Ruby Wedding' 8/11/15

I followed through on the threat and went out back with my camera this morning.  Only 200-something. That's not bad, right?


I first heard of Astrantia when I worked at a nursery in 2001.
I lusted after it.
Why I never bought one, I have NO idea.  I came home with dozens of plants, so there is no explanation.
Price, maybe.
I finally bought myself one last fall and it bloomed for the first time late this spring.
It is now giving me a second round and I'm in love.
I want them ALL.



I decided, mainly because I took so many dang pictures, that it deserved its own post.




It's so, so pretty.






And extremely photogenic, even for the likes of me.





As is always the case, I'm sure I'm late to jump on the Astrantia bandwagon, but better late than never.
I'm smitten.



5 comments:

  1. I liked the photos with a pop of blue in the background. This is a very pretty flower. And it attracts butterflies too so now I will have to keep an eye out for it when plants go on sale in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I have also seen this plant dozens of times at the nursery and never brought it home so you are not the last one on the bandwagon. There is always something to learn!

      Delete
  2. Mine is so hidden away that I tend to forget about it. Guess I should put some of those volunteer seedlings in a more [prominent location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only HOPE to get some volunteers! I really do love it.

      Delete
  3. I have 'Ruby Wedding' too and I just noticed a few secondary blossoms. It's such a stunner, isn't it? Your photos of it are perfection!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover