Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Random Thoughts & Tidbits: Part 20

Hey, hey, hey.  Fancy meetin' you here.  I feel like I've been gone for weeks.  But I've come to realize, in Blogland, no one really misses you.  It's okay, my feelings aren't hurt.  It was a nice break.


I busted out my camera today for yard and food pics.  I feel like it's been forever since I held it.  So I'll be back with more regularity next week.  Maybe.  Baby has officially given up her afternoon nap.  So my blogging schedule ain't quite what it used to be.  I say I'll sit down at the computer after dinner, and then, I get lazy and turn to mindless scrolling on Pinterest.  I'm rollin' with it.  What else can you do?

So I haven't done one of these posts in a loooong time.  It's about time, I'd say.

  • Sometimes, I eat a handful of something before I decide I don't like it.
  • Example:  Yogurt covered raisins.
  • Pizza:  I'll eat you under the table.
  • Pizza:  And then I'll curse you for making me eat so much.
  • I wish I had started clocking my vacuuming hours 8 years ago.  I feel like 1/2 my life has been spent vacuuming.  It gets turned on at least twice a day.
  • I hate orzo.  There.  I said it.
  • Sometimes, I come across a pin on Pinterest that is so friggin' stupid that I want to comment on the stupidity of it.  
  • But then, I remember I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  
  • Seriously though, people are stupid.  
  • Is that mean?
  • Sometimes, I brush my teeth with the bottom inside of my shirt.
  • When I start a sentence with sometimes over and over, it makes me want to say, This one time, at band camp.....
  • My two-year old shit in the neighbor's driveway.  
  • Every day, I find a band-aid wrapper on the floor.  Every day.
  • diedinhouse.com
  • WTH?!?!
  • No thank you.  I don't wanna know.
  • I need a new computer soooooo bad.  I do everything on my Kindle at this point, except go through photos, write posts, and answer emails.  It sucks.
  • I made these treats for our girl's weekend last week.  
  • Funny, when I searched my blog for the recipe link, I saw that I had made them for the same occasion in 2011.  They're beyond delicious and I can almost guarantee you have the ingredients on hand.  And they take less than 10 minutes to make.
  • I might go make a batch when I walk away from the computer.  
  • They're good.
  • In a bad - I want to eat the entire batch in a closet - way.
  • They're vegan.  lol
  • I feel like I've slacked on my friendships with people who aren't parents at school.  Is it normal to let those relationships lie dormant until your kids are older?  Or should I be making more of an effort to cram my weekends?  It just seems like so much work to "get together" anymore. It kinda sucks, though.  I miss the friends who were around pre-kids.  Maybe I need to plan get togethers that include school friends and old-school friends.  :)
  • That same two-year old is damn near potty trained.  Hallelujah!!!!!!!
  • I went against everything I was cursing and drug my Halloween decorations out of the attic on September 30th.
  • I'm just glad it's done.
  • My head hurts.
  • I need to refill my wine glass.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my minuscule corner of the internet.  
I miss ya'll when I'm gone.




6 comments:

  1. HA!!! What the heck...you had me at baby had a number 2 on the driveway! Oh my god....what the heck!!! You are awesome! Seriously! And let's talk friends...we do dinners every couple of months as some of my girls are not married nor do they have children nor do they want to talk about children when we get together and that works for me. I don't see them all the time but when we do it is refreshing! Are the moms cool where you live? Sounds like it...it is hit or miss around these parts. Love when you do these posts....you really need to do stand up! Happy week to ya...and I hear you about fitting it all in! I am down with just mindless pinning these days as well! Eases my nerves...that and a glass of vino! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously we might just be twins & don't know it. Lol. I know one thing on your list that isn't true......I missed you!! Don't even 'really" know you and I missed you while you were gone. I got so tired of the mindless scrolling on Pinterest that I would check for your new blog post.....every.....single....day! Started to feel stalkerish ???? Is that a word? Ha! I like it, I will keep it there. I have to email you back today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even have time for mindless scrolling on pinterest anymore. But I seem to have plenty of time for a glass of pinot though. That is a bit more expensive than pinterest... hmmm. It is surprising your little girl stopped napping so young. Have you tried doing naps every other day? That is what I did when my kids decided not to nap daily and it worked really well. And I also put my daughter to bed with her favorite book but I didn't tell her to go to sleep. Then she'd just fall asleep all on her own, sans fussing. I hope you get your computer issue worked out in the near future. I just got a new one after seven years with my old one and it is a huge improvement. Take care, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they have freecycle there? You could try asking for a computer. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love you. And yogurt covered pretzels....hahahaha I always think "maybeeee this time I will like them.." and nope every time I remember how I don't. And as far as friendships go, I have done the same thing and I think it's okay. When kids start going to school it changes the whole ball game and there is just not a ton of free days anymore... so I can relate to that completely. You're the best. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poop on the driveway story is seriously one of my favorite stories EVER :D And, totally hear you about the stupid pins.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover