Monday, October 13, 2014

Crispy Garlic Potatoes

I couldn't decide which dish from this meal I should focus the post on.  Everything was so dang good.  In the end, I went with the taters.  Everyone loves a good potato recipe, and this one is really tasty without a ton of work or ingredients.


If you have a mandolin, it makes quite work of slicing all the potatoes, but it definitely isn't necessary.
Other than cutting up some garlic (I used a ton) and parsley, the rest of the work is done by the oven.
You can get the full recipe here:





Have you done Beer Can Chicken yet?
We've done it on the grill, but this was my first shot in the oven.
It's a fun way to roast a whole chicken, and it definitely makes for some extra moist meat.
I gave a new recipe a shot and it was really yummy, but you can use whatever seasonings you typically like.
For oven roasting temp and time, you can use this recipe:


That's a good lookin' bird.



Now for the veggies.
I'm a steamed veggie girl most nights of the week.  Drizzle on some lemon juice and call it good.  But sometimes you want some cheese-laden sauce.
This was one of those times.
Goooood stuff, kids.
(Note:  I used fresh veggies instead of the frozen called for in the recipe.)







Add some warm rolls with butter and homemade jelly, and you've got yourself a meal fit for a Sunday.
Here's dinner on my plate:






Yum.
A big meal without a ton of work.  Honestly, other than the cheese sauce (which is super easy by the way), the oven does most of it for you.  
And one of the best parts is all the meals you can get out of that chicken.
Including a giant jar of homemade chicken stock that I already used for risotto this week.
Good stuff, kids.



9 comments:

  1. I am just drooling here, Mindy!!! I just got out of bed and went down and made scalloped potatoes about an hour ago and some pork chops. Since my surgery I have eaten hot dogs and cheese sandwiches. My Hero is NOT a cook! lol

    Anyway, if I had seen this recipe beforehand I would have made your potoates.

    Thanks!!! Hope you have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that meal looks perfect. I want the recipes for for all of it? Where you say you can get the recipe here for the potatoes, it won't open for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm sitting here hungry and wishing I could dive into those dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I want to try all 3 dishes,,,,, but I can't click on any of them to get the recipes. Help!!
    Thank you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See what happens when you write posts late at night? Ha! All three links should be up and running now. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow Mindy! Where have I been? How did I miss this post?
    Your potato dish looks amazing . . . and I love veggie bake (which my husband would DIE for!) and your beautifully roasted chicken. YUM!
    I'm going to have to make this meal next week!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover