Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Potato, Bacon, and Brie Tartiflette + The Latest Meal Plan

The Dad is still talkin' about these potatoes.  They did not suck at all.  The Kid isn't a fan of brie (who's kid is he anyway?), but everyone else at the table tore 'em up.  That being said, these would be good with any kind of cheese, for the non-brie eaters.


The potatoes themselves reminded me a lot of German Potato Salad.  Which might just be one of my favorite things.  (Why don't I make that more often?)  Everything is done on the stove, then you layer the cooked, saucy taters in a baking dish with the cheese, and bake until ooey and gooey.  Bacon, potatoes, and cheese. What's not to love?

The recipe is here:  Potato, Bacon, and Brie Tartiflette



Here they are comin' together at my house:



The things I do for a photo.....although, I do like the fact that my giant size 9 feet look really cute and small here.







And hot out of the oven.








Just try to tell me you wouldn't sit down with that in a closet so you wouldn't have to share.

For the rest of the meal, I made this Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken that was really, really good.
Instead of the one called for in the recipe, I made this Honey Mustard Dressing, 'cause it's amazingly delicious and I could eat it with a spoon.  
Roasted asparagus was the veggie.

Here's dinner on my plate:















Are ya sold?
'Twas a good dinner.

And speaking of dinners, I haven't posted a meal plan in quite a while.
We were out of a bunch of staples, so I literally threw together the latest menu, while standing at the counter, so I could run to the store on Saturday.
The last one had a ton of new recipes on it, which always takes way longer than making what you know, so this one is gonna be much easier.

Here's our latest meal plan, in no particular order:

Farmer's Market Tortellini Soup, Green Salad and Bread
* Orange Chicken (the frozen grocery store kind), White Rice and Green Beans
* Country-Style BBQ Ribs, Loaded Mashed Cauliflower, and Corn On The Cob
* Caprese BLT's and Oven Fries
* Ravioli With Pesto, Green Salad and Bread
* Beef Flautas, Refried Beans and Fruit
* Taco Salad with the flautas leftovers
* Nachos with the remaining leftovers
* Sinigang and White Rice

Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


4 comments:

  1. Mindy, will you be my personal chef? I'll let you live with me for free and I'll let your kids visit any time ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Oh. My. Goodness. This meal looks amazing!
    My husband does NOT like potatoes, but LOVES brie. You may have helped me find a way to sneak potatoes into our meals. I love them and miss 'em!
    Yum!!
    Yum!
    Have a great evening,
    Suzanne
    PS Thanks for coming by :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    You plated your food beautifully :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I don't know what I would chow down first,...that chicken looks amazing too and I'm not normally a chicken gal. Hmmmm,...better eat it all then.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover