Monday, April 21, 2014

The Third Week Of April In The Front Yard

How was your Easter?  Did you eat yourself sick like me?  :)  I think the kids ate enough sugar to last 'em three months. Bleck.

So I've got more plant pics today.  Front yard this time.

Up first, sword fern.





Hosta.


My poor lilac from my header photo.  :(
It has a few flowers at the very top, but they're stunted and ugly.
This is the third year in a row that it hasn't done well.
I may have to consider taking it out.


A poppy that I just stuck in a couple weeks ago.



The Dad's euphorbia.






A lone pansy.


Blue wood hyacinths.





Grape hyacinths in a sea of wooly lamb's ear.




Almost all the creepers outside of the fence are blooming now.
I never remember any of the names, other than the snow-in-summer, which isn't goin' yet, and the creeping phlox, which is the lavender one.













The rhubarb in the parking strip is quite a bit bigger since the last time I posted it.


The variegated iris, that I put in down there last year, came back good.
I'll divide it next year.



And I've saved the best for last.
My Snowball Viburnum.
It's soooo pretty right now.



















'kay, that's it.
I have a ton of Easter photos to go through, so you'll be bombarded with kid pics at some point this week.
Plus, I took a bunch of photos of my sister's yard, so I'll do a yard crashing post like I did last year.
Off to walk around the yard with my new plant sale babies to see if I can find homes for them....

Shameless plug alert:  
Just a little reminder that you can purchase my floral photographs in my Etsy shop.
If you see one in a post that isn't in the shop, shoot me an email and I'll list it for ya.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RindyMae


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


3 comments:

  1. Love the creepers and that bed with your lilac is amazing! Such an awesome vignette you have rocking there lady! (I figure if you take the lilac out you can just stick something else in there?!?) WOW! Ok and I dig those fern shots and your poppies are awesome! I really think I need to add some this year! But that snowball is insane...I have one on the side yard which looks like a shrimp compared to yours! And blah on the Easter candy...far worse than Christmas with the consumption of candy that went down yesterday! I literally gained 2 pounds...no joke! Happy week to ya! Gorgeous gorgeous happening in your garden! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma has a snowball viburnum that is many, many years old and the bouquets it produces are amazing. Your snowball photos remind me of her plant. It is so beautiful! I also really like the blue wood hyacinth - what is blooming in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your yard is really spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover