Thursday, September 5, 2013

Date Night

My parents took the kids on Saturday so that The Dad and I could celebrate our anniversary, kid-free.  I know people say they don't get out much once they have kids, but we REALLY never go anywhere just the two of us.  Ever.  So it was nice to actually take a shower, put on makeup (and something other than sweat pants), and get out of the house - away from the kitchen extravaganza.

We started out at Home Depot.  Ha!  I know, super romantic.  But we were pickin' up a supply line for the fridge and I wanted to check out their lighting without three little people telling me how bored they are.

From there, we headed to a local distillery for tastings and a tour. Pretty fun, but I've decided that wine tasting is more my speed. Drinking straight up booze isn't really my thing.  But it was fun. They make Aviation Gin, among other things, but that's the one you may recognize.







It was pretty crazy to see how small the space is.
They do everything, including the bottling, there.



From there, it was off to Cheese Bar for snacks.


I LOVE soft pretzels and these had my name all over them.



In addition to the pretzel, we had some cheese, salami and one of the best BLTs I've ever eaten in my life.






From there, we swung by the house to pick up a bottle of wine and headed to the strip right by our house.
We parked our car and walked to the next three places.
First up, Beer Bunker.
We walk by it all the time on the way to the farmers market, but we're never without the kids to check it out.
The decor was fun.











From there, we headed across the street to a newer restaurant we'd never been in.
I had to give their menu the once over while sippin' my sangria.



From there, we walked down the street to a restaurant I love.
We haven't eaten there in a long time, but it's one of my neighborhood faves.
I didn't partake this time around, but they have really yummy cocktails, too.


And guess who happened to be eating dinner there?
I swear, we can't get rid of these people.





I don't do ketchup, but I liked this label.


And yes, we actually got a couple photos of the two of us this time.
Amazing, I know.
It would have been better if I hadn't known they were being taken, with my Chandler photo complex and all, but oh well.




The boys had to have their usual photo shoot, as well.



From there, we finally hit up our dinner spot.




We started with the Roasted Beets and the Fried Feta (duh) and they were both amazing.






I laughed out loud when I saw these next pics.
We ain't playin' around.



For dinner, we shared a delicious steak and an order of fries.
They seriously have the best fries ever in the land.




They were out of the dessert I wanted, so we went with our second choice.
 I can't remember what it was called, but it was a S'more ice cream cake of sorts.
It did not suck at all.



And that was the end of date day.
T'was a good anniversary celebration.

We're off tomorrow morning for our first weekend vacation of the summer.
Now that summer is over.
We decided the kitchen can wait an extra week.
See ya'll next week.

Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



9 comments:

  1. That is one heck of a rare steak!! You are definitely a foodie. I love any variation of s'mores. It looks like you had a fantastic time.

    I finally got my husband up to the olive oil place in wine country and it was a stunning day but our kids threw a fit over how bored they were. I think that is going to be our next date whenever we have a babysitter next. I hope you have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some quality time together. Happy anniversary and enjoy your vacation. See ya right back here...;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...what a fun anniversary...so glad it was HAPPY.
    Mercy, I've never seen such a rare steak...I order mine WELL DONE and Mr. Sweet likes his the way yours is cooked here.:)
    You and your sweetie both look sooo cute in your photos.
    Have a great fun weekend.
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing my head off that you met up with family at one of the places you stopped at. Looks like an amazing night of food and drinks and good company. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a wonderful DATE night. I love that you were able to break away. You have really cute places to visit close to home! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounded like an awesome date! Such good food and drinks...and ha...I could not do straight booze either!!! You two are adorable! You are so pretty friend!!! Have a lovely weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like y'all had a great time!! That's hilarious that you ran into your family on your date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing date night! You guys went to so many awesome-looking places in Portland, I am definitely going to go to the BLT place when I'm back in town next month for my friend's wedding, (BLTs are my favorite sandwiches). And I feel you on the hard liquor tasting, I've done a vodka tasting before and it was too strong too fast, I'm much more of a beer or wine tasting fan. And you and your husband look so beautiful together! What a lovely pair you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!!! What a fun evening! Super jealous. All those places looked awesome. And now I'm hungry again. You always do that to me :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover