Monday, January 7, 2013

Ukulele Pillow


I got another coat of primer on the plank ceiling this morning.  And in the cracks.  Boooo.  I still haven't decided on the final coat.  I have a can of custom white that's a close match to our trim color, but it's satin finish.  No flat or eggshell other than cocaine white.  Which means a run to Home Depot.  I'm too lazy for that, so odds are, it'll get the satin finish.  The most exciting part is, I got the first coat of paint on the walls!  Fresh paint is miraculous.  Although, I remember now how much I hate rolling.  Cutting in is fine.  I actually kinda like it.  Rolling, not so much.  

Anyway, while I wait for the wall paint to dry, I figure I'd share one of my homemade Christmas gifts.
Here ya go....


My brother-in-law had a ukulele on his Christmas wish list this year.  This isn't quite what he had in mind, but I had it on one of my Pinterest boards and thought it would be fun.

My sewing projects never don't always go as planned, but this time I only needed the seam ripper once.  Although, I did have a tangled up bobbin, two broken needles, and I ran out of white thread mid-string.  'Tis the story of my sewing life.

You can get the printable pattern here.










And don't worry, he got a real ukulele from my parents Santa.
He can strum, "Over The Rainbow", to his heart's content.


8 comments:

  1. I love that uke- That is just darling and you did a great job on it. Let me know how you like the eggshell on the ceiling- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute. My sewing projects go the same way. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute - I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this pillow, and I know some musician friends who would probably love it as well, so here I go a-pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy, that's so super cute! My daughter would love one of these so if you feel like making another one...add it to your etsy shop and I'll buy it from you ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seriously had to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. This would be a great piece for a bedroom as a decorative piece. Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! That is such a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!!!!! Love the color and fabric you used! Thanks so much for sharing it! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Have a fabulous day!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover