Monday, October 22, 2012

Totchos


So, we're halfway through dinner and The Dad says, "This is like bar food".  Uh, no shit, Sherlock.  And your point is?  It's tater tots smothered in liquid cheese.  No, they're not servin' this up at a five-star hotel.  And I'm pretty sure it's not gonna get any gold stars for health benefits - although I didn't fry the tots - but c'mon.  It's nachos made with tater tots!  What's not to like?!  

So before I get on with the pics, let me just say, I totally blew it and forgot to pull the bacon out of the freezer.  So ours were bacon-free.  I also forgot to buy the jar of day-glo orange cheese sauce.  So I made this one instead.  And it was really good.  The Dad said it tasted just like the stuff in the jar.  So I think that's a win.  Ya know, for "bar food".  Sheesh.  It made a lot, so we helped clog our arteries using a bag of tortilla chips.

Go here for the totcho recipe. Or even just to look at her pictures.  They're so pretty.  Mine were taken in the dark.  And not so pretty.


Here's my totchos on my plate:






Yep, that was good.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - looks tasty, that's for sure. Do you have to have someone on hand in case anyone needs their chest pounded on? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum diggity-dog! Wish my keyboard was drool proof. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover