Friday, June 15, 2012

School's Out For Summer: A Kid Lunch

I apologize in advance if that song is now stuck in your head for three days like it has been in mine.

I've kind of been slacking on the Fun Food Friday lunches lately.  It's waaaaay easier to come up with something just for home, rather than trying to figure out something for home and that packs well for school.  Although, I was strugglin' with coming up with something today.

I ended up doing the no school theme since it's officially summer vacation for The Kid.

The school bus is bread and cheese.  The "no" sign is watermelon.  There's also watermelon around the rim along with banana and some sour fruit straws.  A couple of farmer's market carrots thrown in for kicks.

Here's today's lunch on the plate:






We've got a busy weekend planned, so I'm gonna head outside and enjoy the sunshine while the munchkins all nap.  
At the same time!!!
Oh, and random tidbit of the day:
My sister's house went on the market yesterday and they already have three offers.
Insane!
I'm guessing they'll be homeless by Sunday.
But a new house for them means fun fixin' it up posts for my blog!  :)
Or, maybe an endless list of new house projects will finally get my BIL on the ol' bloggin' bandwagon.
He's a pretty talented kid.
C'mon Sherwin, ya know ya wanna .

3 comments:

  1. I love today's lunch...very creative! And congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo cute! Very creative Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times. Love the 'no school bus'.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover