Friday, May 11, 2012

The Lorax: A Kid Lunch

We haven't seen the movie yet,  but the kids have read the book and seen the nonstop advertising.  So they recognize the character.  I can't take credit for coming up with the idea.  Although I didn't copy it exactly, this week's lunch idea is blatant theft.  You can see the original here.

For the Lorax, I used mini sandwich rounds and put mayo and turkey on them.  Then I cut his body, feet and hands out of cheddar cheese.  His eyes are jack cheese with a piece of raisin.  The mustache - holy crud, I just now realized I forgot to put his eyebrows on.  I even cut them out.  Good lord.  Anyway, I used jicama for his mustache and missing eyebrows.  The tree is celery and cucumber.  Around the rim is mango and oranges.

Here's The Girl's lunch on her plate:





Here's The Kid's:






I still can't believe I forgot the eyebrows.
Have a good weekend!
We're having a fire in the fire pit tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Lucas is coming on Sunday so I definitely need to do a fancy meal. I love your inspiration. This one is really cute,...but yeah,..where are the poor man's (man?) eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hes pretty awesome!!! I've not seen the movie yet but I recognize him!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover