Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And I Just Can't Pull Myself Away

Under your spell I can't break.  I just can't stop.  I just can't stop.

Thank you Ne-Yo for that appropriate lead-in.  Now, on with the show.

It was sunny for about 3 1/2 minutes this afternoon.  I did the yard walk and decided to run back in and get my camera.  Did I hear groaning?  Did you not read the first paragraph?

My initial pull to the camera was the Heuchera that The Dad bought me two years ago.  The sun was shining on it just right and the color was so pretty.  I can't remember the name of it, but I think it was Peachy-something.  Which is fitting because the leaves are the coolest peach color.


Here it is next to the pot of violets.


My camera doesn't do it justice.


 Violets are such a happy plant.



I have two more Heuchera.  One I bought two years ago and the other last year.  They're both lime green and may even be the same kind.  At least one of them is called Lemon Chiffon.

Here's one with St. Francis.



 Here's the other one.




A few weeks ago, my tulips in the backyard looked like this.




Today, they look like this.





A garden visitor.




 Look at the difference in the sky in just the amount of time it took to click a button.  






Under the same tree as the tulips, as well as around the rest of the yard, is wood hyacinth. 





And white.







These marsh marigolds are pretty weedy.  They've spread all over the yard, but I love them and they're easy to pull once they're done blooming.





I put this climbing hydrangea here last year in an attempt to hide the shed.  It's finally starting to take off.




Okay, I'll let your scrolling finger have a break now.  Until the next sunny day.  Here's another quote to close:

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover