Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just Peachy

We consume a lot of pancakes in this house.  It's so easy to whip up a batch and stir in whatever flavors and add-ins I'm feelin' that day.  Then I either keep the batter in the fridge for several breakfasts, or cook up the entire batch and keep them in the freezer.  I popped three frozen apple-cinnamon ones in the toaster this morning for The Kid.  Fast and easy.  My kind of breakfast.  This weekend I tried some new ones out of Better Homes and Gardens and they were yummy.  The syrup recipe to go with them was especially yummy.  I halved the recipe because I only had one can of peaches, and somehow I ended up having to add more liquid (I used milk), but other than that, I followed the recipe.  For the syrup, I didn't have chai-flavored tea bags and wasn't sure how regular black tea would be, so I skipped it all together.  It was good without it.  If I ever come across the chai ones, I'll try it that way too.

Here's the recipe:


Peach Pancakes & Chai Syrup

2 15-oz cans peach slices (juice pack) - I assumed that meant packed in pear juice rather than sugar syrup and that's all I ever buy anyway.
1/2 C whipping cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 C oat flour or whole wheat flour - I used whole wheat
1 C all-purpose flour
1/3 C packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 recipe Chai Syrup
Fresh or frozen peaches, chopped for garnish (optional)

Drain peaches; reserve 1 C juice.  In blender process peaches until smooth.  Transfer to bowl; stir in cream and eggs; set aside.

In large bowl combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, and 1 tsp salt.  Add peach mixture.  Stir just until moistened.  Pour 1/4 C batter onto hot, lightly greased griddle; spread to 4-inch circle.  Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes per side.  Serve with Chai Syrup and chopped peaches.

Chai Syrup

Cook and stir reserved juice, 1/4 C water, 1/4 C packed brown sugar, and 2 tsp cornstarch over medium-low heat.  Add 2 spiced chai-flavored black tea bags; cook and stir over medium until slightly thickened; cook and stir 1 minutes.  Discard tea bags.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover